- The cost of a shot of Patron ranges depending on the type and location, often reaching up to $50.
- Patron’s range includes the Silver, Reposado, Anejo, and Extra Anejo, all differing in taste, aging process, and price.
- The average cost of a bottle of Patron ranges from $36.99 to $94.99.
- The alcohol content in a shot of Patron is approximately 45%, necessitating responsible drinking.
- The Patron Gran Burdeos Anejo, priced at $495, is the most expensive variant in the Patron range.
Breaking Down the Price: How Much Is a Shot of Patron?
For tequila enthusiasts, the appeal of Patron is hard to deny. High-quality, handcrafted, and rich in flavor, Patron is a brand that’s become synonymous with a premium tequila experience. But how much does this experience cost, particularly when enjoying a shot of Patron at a bar or restaurant?
The cost of a shot of Patron varies greatly depending on the location, the specific variant, and even the establishment itself. However, it’s not uncommon to see prices reaching up to $50 for a single shot, particularly when it comes to premium versions like Patron Anejo.
Diving into the Details: Patron’s Variety and Their Costs
Patron offers a range of tequilas, each with its unique flavor profile, aging process, and price tag. Let’s explore a few:
- Patron Silver: A versatile and well-balanced tequila that works exceptionally well in cocktails. For a 750ml bottle, prices range from $36.99 to $39.99, while a 1.75L variant can reach up to $94.99.
- Patron Reposado: Rested for at least two months, this tequila variant offers a smooth and sophisticated experience. A 750ml bottle costs around $44.99 to $48.99.
- Patron Anejo: With a flavor profile developed over a 12-month aging process, a 750ml bottle of this luxury tequila can cost between $49.99 and $52.99.
- Patron Extra Anejo: Aged for at least three years, this tequila variant offers an exceptionally rich, complex taste. For a 750ml bottle, prices are generally around $84.99 to $89.99.
A Look at Alcohol Content: How Much Alcohol Is in a Shot of Patron?
Given its high price point and luxury status, it’s easy to overlook the fact that Patron is a potent spirit. A typical shot of Patron contains around 45% alcohol by volume, a fact that emphasizes the importance of responsible drinking.
A Cautionary Note: Drinking Patron Responsibly
While Patron is unquestionably a premium drinking experience, it’s crucial to remember the risks of excessive alcohol consumption. Depending on body weight, even a small number of shots can result in intoxication. For example, a person weighing between 100-150 lbs (45-68 kg) can start feeling drunk after 2-3 shots, and it takes around 4-5 shots for someone between 150-200 lbs (68-91 kg).
The Luxury Offering: Patron’s Most Expensive Variants
In the world of tequila, Patron is a brand that goes above and beyond when it comes to luxury offerings. The Patron Gran Burdeos Anejo, with a retail price of around $495, is the most expensive in the range. This tequila variant is double distilled and aged for an extra year, offering a truly unique and premium experience.
Final Thoughts: Patron Tequila – A Balance of Price and Quality
Patron Tequila, while one of the more expensive brands on the market, has built its reputation on quality, craftsmanship, and a premium drinking experience. So, when asking, “how much is a shot of Patron?” the answer is – it depends. But one thing is certain, regardless of price, every sip of Patron is an exploration of artisanal craftsmanship and exceptional quality.