- Dom Perignon, a symbol of luxury, is more than just a bottle of champagne. Its unique label, distinctive bottle shape, and the experience it offers make it a favorite among wine collectors and critics.
- Despite high production quantities, the prestige and high scores from wine critics make Dom Perignon an investment-worthy wine.
- The price of Dom Perignon vintages vary, with some appreciating significantly over time.
- The investment potential of Dom Perignon is enhanced by its performance in auctions, with several bottles being sold for sky-high prices.
- There are several highly rated Dom Perignon vintages worth considering for investment in 2023.
- Knowing where to sell Dom Perignon is equally crucial to optimize returns on your investment.
The Allure of Dom Perignon Champagne
Dom Perignon is a French Champagne produced by Moet & Chandon, a winemaker and co-owner of the luxury goods company Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton or LVMH. Named after Dom Pierre Pérignon, a 17th-century Benedictine monk who significantly contributed to Champagne wine production, Dom Perignon is a symbol of indulgence, richness, and luxury.
It’s the unique label, the distinctive 17th-century-inspired bottle shape, and the special experience it offers that sets Dom Perignon apart from other champagne brands, making it a favorite among wine collectors, critics, and even as a corporate gift.
Investment Potential and Dom Perignon Champagne Prices
Wine collectors worldwide eagerly anticipate the release of the next Dom Perignon vintage. This prestige Champagne, known for its aging potential, can age beautifully for 20+ years.
The consistency of its luxurious image and high scores from wine critics make Dom Perignon one of the most investment-worthy wines. Even with its high production quantities, the champagne manages to maintain a high market value.
A standard Dom Perignon vintage starts above $300, with the Dom Perignon Brut champagne priced over $320, the Dom Pérignon Rosé priced above $460, and a P2 Plenitude priced over $490.
Dom Perignon’s Stellar Performance in Auctions
Knowing where to sell Dom Perignon plays a significant role in understanding its investment potential. The performance of “DP” at auctions has been nothing short of stellar. For instance, in 1971, the Shah of Iran ordered several bottles of the 1959 Dom Pérignon Rosé for the 2,500th-year celebration of the Persian Empire. One of those bottles was sold at auction for over $38,000 in 2008.
The appreciation in value is not only limited to auctions. Between 2021 and 2023, the 1990 Dom Pérignon vintage grew over 33%, and the 2000 vintage has risen by nearly 20% during the same period. This appreciation demonstrates that investing in Dom Perignon can be a recession-proof strategy.
Best Dom Perignon Vintages to Invest in 2023
Investing in Dom Perignon can seem like a daunting task given the multitude of vintages available. However, some vintages stand out due to their superior quality, aging potential, and market value. Some of the best Dom Perignon vintages worth considering for investment in 2023 are:
- 1993 Dom Perignon P2 Plenitude Brut
- 1995 Dom Perignon White Gold Brut
- 2002 Dom Perignon Reserve de L’Abbaye
- 1996 Dom Perignon Coffret Irodori
- 1996 Dom Perignon Oenotheque Brut Millesime
- 2010 Dom Perignon Wedding
- 2002 Dom Perignon Andy Warhol Tribute Collection
- 2013 Dom Perignon Brut
Each of these vintages brings a unique flavor profile and offers a unique sipping experience.
Understanding Where to Sell Dom Perignon
Investing in Dom Perignon is only half the journey. Understanding where to sell Dom Perignon to realize your investment’s potential returns is equally important. Auctions have proven to be a successful platform for selling rare and vintage Dom Perignon, as evidenced by the high prices some bottles have achieved.
However, selling through auctions can be complex and time-consuming. This is where wine investment companies like Vinovest come in. They can help buy your Dom Perignon bottles, store them under perfect conditions, and even sell them for you, making the entire process hassle-free.
In conclusion, Dom Perignon, with its combination of luxury, superior quality, and potential for price appreciation, makes a compelling case for investment. Whether you’re a wine collector, investor, or someone who appreciates the finer things in life, investing in Dom Perignon can be a rewarding experience. However, understanding where to sell Dom Perignon is crucial to reap the full benefits of your investment.